Read Before You Proceed
The following instructions only apply during pool season. Due to an increase in COVID-19 outbreaks across the county of San Bernardino, all Creekside West pools were closed at the conclusion of the summer season. Creekside West Board members are closely monitoring updates provided by California State and San Bernardino County public health officials and will re-open access to pools when it is deemed safe to do so by public health officials.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all play a role in keeping our community safe.
Temporary Rules, for a New Normal
The follow are temporary pool rules and procedures for reopening pools during COVID-19 recovery developed from State & County mandates for the safety of all Creekside West Village Master Association residents.
- All persons using an HOA pool assume all risks, including but not limited to, exposure to COVID-19.
- All persons using an HOA pool must adhere to all pool procedures including the temporary pool rules contained herein, as well as existing pool rules that do not conflict with current pool rules..
- Pool Monitors will be on duty when pool(s) are open to residents.
- Residents wishing to enter the Beach Club pool area will only be allowed to enter via the main gate located closest to the club house.
- Only residents with common area identification cards will be admitted into HOA pool(s); GUEST(S) are not permitted at this time.
- Maximum Pool Area Occupancy at pools are not to exceed 32 persons to avoid crowding and to promote social distancing.
- Advanced Online Reservations are required to reserve a 1 ½ hr. swim time. Monday-Sunday, the swim times are as follows.
10:00 – 11:30 AM | Closed 30 min. for cleaning
12:00 – 1:30 PM | Closed 30 min. for cleaning
2:00 – 3:30 PM | Closed 30 min. for cleaning
4:00 – 5:30 PM | Closed 30 min. for cleaning
6:00 – 7:30 PM | Closed for cleaning
- Pool areas will be sanitized in between swim sessions for the health and safety of residents; therefore, residents are required to exit the pool area at the end of each swim session.
- NO RESIDENT who is sick, or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, may access the pool area . If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing & shortness of breath DO NOT ENTER THE POOL AREA, and reschedule your visit.
- Pool areas are shared amenities and reservations are limited to 1x per day and 3x per week per household. Residents are reminded not to monopolize the pool reservations so that other residents can use the pool(s). Exceeding 3x per week reservation limit will result in the cancellation of your swim session and a cancellation notice will be sent to you.
- Pool furniture will be removed to reduce high touch surfaces. Residents are encouraged to bring their own chairs/ lounges, be mindful to social distance your furniture from other household.
- SPA is limited to one household for 15 minute increments until further notification.
- Restrooms access is limited to one person or one household at a time to promote social distancing.
- Residents need to abide by physical cues set up for social distancing of 6ft. (tape on pool deck, floors or sidewalks; signs).
- Residents are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when traveling through pool area and shared restrooms to safeguard pool users and pool monitors and remove mask when entering the water. Residents are also reminded to Stay 6ft apart from those not in your household, both in and out of the water.
- AGREEMENT: By securing a reservation, residents agree to abide by temporary rules and Procedures, including existing pool rules. Failure to do so will result in the suspension of pool privileges.
For questions, clarification, or a copy of these temporary rules, contact Precise Management at (909) 481-0600.
For questions related to the city of Ontario’s response to the COVID 19 pandemic, call the City Hotline at (909) 988-3650 or visit, https://www.ontarioca.gov/coronavirus.