Leadership begins with our residents
Residents interested in giving back to the Creekside West community are encouraged to join our Board of Directors and the various committees needed to preserve our heritage and ensure a vibrant future.
The purpose of the Social Committee is to foster a cohesive community by organizing fun, interesting events for the entire community so neighbors can meet and socialize with each other. While we attempt to plan full-homeowner association events throughout the year, we also encourage the formation of small groups within the neighborhood to meet the needs of all our residents.
The Social Committee has a suggested membership of at least five people, but functions best with a much larger membership. The ideal situation is to have enough members that each can choose one or two events to be involved with during the year, rather than just a few people being involved with everything. The responsibilities of the committee include:
- Brainstorm ideas for association social events & plan events for the year in advance
- Create an annual budget with an estimated coast for each actual event
- HOA funds can only be used for events which are all-inclusive of the community members. They may not be used for small group activities.
- Report planned events to the Communication Committee for notification to the neighborhood
- Execute planned events
- Submit a newsletter article each quarter to the Communication Committee
- Report activities to, and work at the direction of, the HOA Board of Directors
Community-wide events that have been held include Neighborhood Crime Prevention Meetings, Annual Fishing Derbies, Trunk or Treat, Winter Holiday Party, Lakeside Luau, Summer Movie Night, Boat Parades, and Summer Concerts by the Lake. Individual streets host block parties for National Night Out.
Small group activities which have taken place in Creekside West include numerous Bunco groups, Crochet club , and playgroups for families with young children. We are always open to new suggestions for activities in the neighborhood.
Other Recommended Committees
- Safety Committee
- Communications Committee
- Pool & Amenities Committee
- Landscape Committee
- Architectural Committee